Affiliates are only permitted to use official Plus500 marketing tools which can be found in the marketing tools section of your 500Affiliates account.
Affiliates must not issue marketing tools and are not authorised to promote Plus500 through search engines, social media networks, ad-networks, marketing-Emails or similar channels.
For your convenience, below is a checklist of the main rules that any financial promotion on your website(s) should adhere to:
- Always add a risk warning "76.4% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money" (see below).
- Please note that CFDs are the only products that Plus500 offers. Note that Plus500 is only authorized to provide CFDs and not Binary Options.
- Do not refer to bonus promotions when addressing Plus500; Plus500 and 500Affiliates are no longer allowed to offer bonuses.
- Do not use unqualified or absolute statements or unwarranted claims, seek balanced statements (see below).
- Please mention that (choose the relevant from the following):
- Plus500UK Ltd authorised & regulated by the FCA (#509909).
- Plus500CY Ltd authorized & regulated by CySEC (#250/14).
- Plus500SG Pte Ltd, licensed by the MAS (#CMS100648-1) and IE Singapore (#PLUS/CBL/2018).
- Plus500AU Pty Ltd (ACN 153301681), licensed by:
ASIC in Australia, AFSL #417727, FMA in New Zealand, FSP #486026; Authorised Financial Services Provider in South Africa, FSP #47546. You do not own or have any rights to the underlying assets. Please refer to the Disclosure documents available on the website.
Affiliates are only permitted to promote Plus500 via websites or other sources which have been prior reviewed and approved by Plus500.
All traffic to Plus500 from unapproved affiliate websites and from all other sources will be blocked.
CFD trading is a regulated activity and consequently, all your promotional content must be fair, clear, not misleading, and comply with all associated requirements mentioned in these Marketing Rules.
All statements made must be balanced, therefore if you mention potential profits you must also mention potential losses. All financial promotions on a site that promotes Plus500 must have the following risk warning: "76.4% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money."
If your website is not in English, the risk warning must be translated accordingly. Please note: the risk warning should be prominent i.e. it must be at least the size of the predominant font on the page. Predominant is defined as the font that appears the most times on your page and is readable.
Please note that if you can’t amend any of the promotional content on your website in accordance with the above rules, you will be required to remove it.
Extra Marketing Requirements
- Do not use the terms 'No fees' or 'No trading fees' or ‘No transaction fees’, since there are premium, inactivity and overnight fees. Instead, you should use the term 'No commissions'.
- If you are including an 'Open Account' or 'Sign Up' or 'Register' button on your page or review to invite users to open an account with Plus500, then a risk warning (76.4% of retail CFD accounts lose money) must be present close to such buttons.
- When referring to Leverage, please note you can only mention the "maximum leverage"- no other information about the leverage can be provided. You can always refer traders to the Plus500 website for more information.
- You can only advertise Plus500 on a webpage that offers standard information on trading, financial markets, news or other financial related services/products. Do not advertise Plus500 on a website or other sources with inappropriate content such as pornography, violence, or offensive language. Do not advertise Plus500 on a website or webpage that exclusively offers signal trading, social trading, copy-trading, investment/financial advice or asset management services as you will not receive any payment for accounts introduced in connection with such trading strategies. Plus500 is not authorized to provide Asset Management services, Investment Advice or any recommendation for trading.
- You are obligated to notify 500Affiliates about any changes that you make in your Plus500 promotion on your website(s).
- No Involvement by Affiliates - Affiliates shall not approach, directly or indirectly, any traders and/or potential traders other than by promoting Plus500 as fully detailed in these marketing rules. Please also refer to the Affiliation Agreement for further information.
- Unqualified or absolute statements cannot be used unless they can be proven by including the source as to where the information is taken from. If you are unable to do this, you can –
- "One of the top CFD providers", "One of the leading platforms", "A leading CFD provider","A top CFD provider" etc.
- Don't say:
- "#1 CFD provider", "Best platform", "Best CFD Provider" etc.
CFDs - Plus500 offers trading in CFDs only. Always make sure this is clear.
Phrases including "trade the stock market", "access to the stock market" and "stock broker" are not acceptable. Plus500 does not offer these services or trading by accessing the stock markets and it is, therefore, misleading to make promotions in this context. When using the words "bourse", "stock exchange" or "stock market", one needs to make clear we are referring to trading "with/using CFDs", as applicable.
- "Trade Facebook CFDs with Plus500"
- Don't say:
- "Trade Facebook shares with Plus500"
- "Plus500 offers CFD trading in Shares, Forex, Indices, Commodities and ETFs"
- Don't say:
- "Trade Shares, Forex, Indices, Commodities and ETFs with Plus500"
- "Forex CFD trading with Plus500"
- Don't say:
- "Forex and Binary Options with Plus500"
- Financial success – Do not make unwarranted claims of financial success by traders.
When advertising Plus500, do not promise guaranteed profits.
Do not use "earn" or "win" – trading CFDs cannot be defined as a way to "earn" or "win" money. Do not use "Make money" or "Earn money" or "Make profits".
When advertising Plus500, do not promise that one can learn trading easily or profitably with Plus500, unless the word learn is connected with the demo mode or the platform usage. Do not use the word "play" even when the advertisement/promotional material is related to demo mode/ practice mode. (The word 'play' implies that our services, even the demo service, are like a game). Do not use "Gamble on stocks", "Money game".
- "Easy learning platform", "Simple platform tools", "Easy to use platform", "Easy to navigate platform", "Intuitive platform", "User friendly platform"
- Don't say:
- "Easy profits with Plus500", "Easy and simple trading", "Trading the world's most popular financial instruments is easy", "Guaranteed profits by trading with Plus500 platform"
- "Practice trading with Plus500's unlimited demo account", "Get to know trading by using your Plus500 free demo account", "Learn how to use the platform by trading in the Plus500 demo mode"
- Don't say:
- "Learn trading with Plus500 platform", "Learn how to become profitable trader using Plus500 CFD service", "Trading is simple to learn with Plus500"
- "You can learn to trade using a demo account on the Plus500 platform and start trading forex anywhere on the go"
- Don't say:
- "Start learning currency trading, and profit anywhere and anytime on this 24/7 online market"
- "Trade Forex CFDs on the user friendly Plus500 trading platform using plenty of risk management tools"
- Don't say:
- "Trading Forex can be simple, even for beginners"
The word "Free" - Be cautious on how to use the word free.
The word "free" can be used in relation to the demo mode, the software, the platform, the charts, the quotes. The word "free" cannot be used in relation to trading or the risk of trading.
- "The demo mode is free of risk"
- Don't say:
- "Risk free trading"
- "Free download of the platform", "Free software to use for trading CFDs with Plus500", "Free live streaming charts and quotes in the Plus500 platform"
- Don't say:
- "All in one package for free trading with Plus500"
- Restricted audience - Do not target people under the age of 18 years old as Plus500 cannot accept them as customers.
- Restricted countries – In order to get the complete list of countries where Plus500 does not offer its services please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that Plus500 does not offer its services to US residents. All US-based affiliates must provide the following disclaimer with any Plus500 promotions: "Plus500 does not offer accounts to US residents".
- Affiliate Monitoring and Regulatory Requirements -
Please note that regulatory bodies have staff who monitor financial promotions and any use of the Plus500 trading name by an Affiliate. The regulators may contact us and demand immediate withdrawal of certain material to which we have no alternative but to comply. Furthermore, regulatory bodies may present additional requirements/rules to those above and in such a case, these Marketing Rules will be updated and Affiliates will need to comply with the updated Marketing Rules at all times. Plus500 also monitors its Affiliate website content on an on-going basis. and you will be contacted and asked for material to be removed if it is deemed inappropriate.
Main values to promote the Plus500 Brand
Plus500 affiliates are Brand Ambassadors for the Plus500 Trading Platform. Affiliates represent us and should conform to our policies, values and vision.
A reliable Trading Platform – When it comes to financial products, stability and reliability might be the first values to promote. Always remind customers that Plus500 is authorized and regulated by well-regarded financial regulators: Plus500UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Plus500 CY Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Plus500 AU Ltd is regulated by Australian Securities and investments Commission. Plus500 Ltd is listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and follows best practice of corporate governance.
Who can trade with the Plus500 platform – The Plus500 platform is the one of the most user friendly platforms out there, yet, it includes advanced features attractive to experienced traders. CFDs are “complex financial products” and can only be marketed to people with previous experience in financial markets.
Diversification in trading– Plus500 traders can trade CFDs with over 2,000 instruments (Shares, Indices, Commodities, Forex, and ETFs) across over 20 different markets worldwide.
Localization - Let customers know and feel that Plus500 offers a full service in their language and currency (Plus500 is available in more than 60 countries and 32 different languages) regardless of their location.
Trade on the go – In today’s hectic daily routine, Plus500 traders know they can keep trading wherever they may be. Plus500 offers application platforms for a full range of mobiles and tablets especially for the busy trader.
Try it first – Plus500 offers a free (unlimited by time) demo version.
V. July 2016